NYPK Community
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Private messagesPrivate messages   Log inLog in 

Go to
NYPK Community Forum Index -> Tech Tips & Performance

Parkour Gloves
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Parkour Gloves Reply with quote
Hey guys,
So recently I got a pair of really nice gloves, (they are actually baseball gloves) and they work really well, with a little cusion, and alot of grip (leather). I got them originaly so i could do pk in the cold. Then I realized that I seem to be using them A LOT when training, and after I take the gloves off, I am not as confident with my moves, I feer that I may be becoming dependant on the gloves. What do you guys think, should I keep using the gloves? or ditch them?
Peace,
Dax
Pyro DeDelaware

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ditch them. If you're hands are slipping on some techniques then just change your technique to reduce sliding.
Reaper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Remember that all things, even your clothes, increase the capabilities of the human body. Its best if you base your strength on your naked abilities and what I mean by that I mean without special shoes that make you jump 30ft high in the air and gloves that make you stick to walls. After that, you can do whatever the heck you wanna do just as long as your naked abilities are up to par. If your still early in training, I say ditch them and keep them aside till later. Hey, they are useful you know!
Dax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reaper wrote:
After that, you can do whatever the heck you wanna do just as long as your naked abilities are up to par. If your still early in training, I say ditch them and keep them aside till later. Hey, they are useful you know!

Yeh I was thinking about that, bekus I've probably been training for a solid...... 2 months. But I agree, I think Im only gonna use the gloves if it's too cold or a special situation. I need to re-build my calises from my break period. Thanks a lot guys. Very Happy
Oasis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
dont wear gloves.

-Dan John
Stryder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
the idea is to train naked Very Happy
nexrik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i used to wear gloves and had the same problems as you. make sure to take off gloves so that if your bare hands can do it, you will be even better with gloves. as least amount of clothes as possible.
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stryder wrote:
the idea is to train naked Very Happy

i think that's almost a real DB quote

i had these gloves when i started, because of rusty dirty things, but then I stopped using them. I was also drilling long kongs once and it was kind of high-impact on my hands to i borrowed a pair of gloves for that.

also it's recommended to train wall-passes barefoot for example
Dax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see. Alrighty then. Sorry gloves, you are goin in the drawer, for a long time...
Papi the Fox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
what if fingerless gloves are part of your style?

Tom saw my kickass flame gloves way back when I went out for that migration...

T_T

lol just BSing around, but still. I usually wear gloves because of all the crud that accumulates on NYC scaffolding and whatnot, but my grip (though weaker than it's been in the past) is still very strong without 'em. I still like 'em as a style choice, though. I gotta buy some more leather ones when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hehe....lets be real though, what are the chances that we'll be naked while doing PK?! I didn't think so either. So I guess its OK to have a couple of "performance enhancers" here and there such as gloves and good shoes. Me and Foxx wear trench coats whilst doing PK because it gives us an edge in aeronautics. The long part of the coat acts like dart wings to straighten our orientation and movement. Although there is a lot of air drag, it'll definitely strengthen us when moving in air without the trench coats.
McGrath

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've seen some videos involving larger groups and there would be one or two in the group that would be wearing gloves.

Personally, I believe that gloves make you look like a greenhorn (New) and it gives people the first impression if you being new. (And don't lie, if you saw someone in a group with gloves you'd probably think that they were new)

I just don't think that they look "professional". Thats just my opinion of course.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'd have to agree with you on that Talon 1+
Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree... especially since I actually wore gloves during my first few weeks of training. Then I lost one of them, and ever since then have decided to go gloveless.

Bare hands make me seem to feel more in touch with my obstacles and surroundings. I think it's always important to make sure you're comfortable with your own body before using things such as gloves.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hehe....I used to wear gloves when I first started until I felt more comfortable without 'em. Now, I only wear them on cold days when concrete feels like really, really rough, skin ripping sand paper and steel feels like a bar of dry ice. Other than that, I'm gloveless!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NYPK Community Forum Index -> Tech Tips & Performance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: