NYPK Community
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Private messagesPrivate messages   Log inLog in 

Go to
NYPK Community Forum Index -> New Jersey

nj hot spots

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: nj hot spots Reply with quote
i know i'm a newbie but where are there some decent spots in nj? i'm new to this and would like to get in some practice before the pkusa get together so i dont look like a complete fool ( i can live with being partly fool).
hardcoretraceur

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
newark
jersey city
red bank
atlantic city area
montclair area

Over
Under OUTkrew is OUTrageous
Through
pete

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: nj spots - shore Reply with quote
recently went to the jersey shore (wildwood crest to be exact) and there were so many rails, ledges, and barriers. there were so many opportunities to do parkour it was great! i did a bunch of leap-to-monkey combos and once even got a "pretty good" from my wife (who usually makes fun of me).
daminmancejin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well live in newark and train here everyday

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hardcoretraceur wrote:
newark
jersey city
red bank
atlantic city area
montclair area

Those are cities, not hotspots. Let's break it down to actual locations please. Eventhough yard hopping in Jersey City used to be a hobby for me..

Jersey City has liberty state park - I haven't been in a while but I sure there's at least one location there.

Secaucus around mill creek mall and the other office buildings/parking decks - lots of possiblilites there and security is laid back. I know this because it's where I practised "Drfiting".
Sky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
City: North Wildwood. Wildwood, and Wildwood Crest

Hotspots:
+The boardwalk is bread and butter for spots here. Plenty of rails and ramps on the handicap entrances every dozen blocks or so, especially at the north end near 14th street. They go back and forth five or six times to cover the height of the boardwalk, good for vault lines and a few high drops.
+The convention center down at the other end has a few good rails, ramps, steps, and the like. Out on the beach nearby are the remnants of wooden bleachers at least a story high. Fun little diversion there.
+For the more daring, the countless small hotels have tons of open floor balconies, railings, all kinds of stuff. But they often have unseen sharp edges and the owners/police don't take kindly to people they see as burglars. You've been warned.

^There are bathrooms along the boardwalk but many close during the winter so going to a Wawa or a secluded dune is necessary. Food and water can also be found at the Wawas scattered over the island.
sometraceurguy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Daedal_X wrote:
hardcoretraceur wrote:
newark
jersey city
red bank
atlantic city area
montclair area

Those are cities, not hotspots. Let's break it down to actual locations please. Eventhough yard hopping in Jersey City used to be a hobby for me..

Jersey City has liberty state park - I haven't been in a while but I sure there's at least one location there.

Secaucus around mill creek mall and the other office buildings/parking decks - lots of possiblilites there and security is laid back. I know this because it's where I practised "Drfiting".

well when I went to the macys day parade I was having a BLAST while waiting for the bus in mill creek plaza.The best places are the parking structure near the outback steakhouse.I used to do a few jumps hangs and tic-tacs around the one statue near one of the movie theaters and burger king.But back on topic I love the parking garage because the stairways are good to vault and just off the edge(varies from 10-30 foot drop)theres alot of exposed beams and from there you just do what your heart tells you to...thats REAL parkour joyzee style Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NYPK Community Forum Index -> New Jersey All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: