NYPK Community
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Private messagesPrivate messages   Log inLog in 

Go to
NYPK Community Forum Index -> Tech Tips & Performance

New Here

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DntStop

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: New Here Reply with quote
Hey guys names dante new to pakour but serious about the craft though how should i start....
DntStop

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
is this place dead

well im kinda outta shape but wanna get started as soon as possible
Jakimo

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are tutorials all over the place. Look there to start.

Personally, I recommend starting with simple vaults a little bit. Make sure you learn the safety landing and parkour roll though, you will need them. Remember, safety is your main priority, that is why you need to learn how to land before you learn to fall. After vaults, work a bit with vertical things, like wall climbs, wall runs, cat leaps, etc.
waleed432

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all,
I seriously injured myself (non-parkour related). I broke both the bones in my leg that connect to my ankle and tore a tendon.

Luckily being in good physical shape already has sped up the healing process, but I am definitely going to have to do physical therapy for a few months. Has anyone got any reccs for a PT in Brooklyn (pref. Greenpoint/Williamsburg area)?

Second of all, has anyone had this kind of severe injury? I would love to talk to someone who has and then gotten back into parkour. My surgeon said that I should be 100% okay if I do things by the book, but it'd be nice to hear it from someone in the community that this is not the end of my parkour training days and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Also any exercises or dos/don'ts would be greatly appreciated from someone who has been in the same boat.

Thanks in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NYPK Community Forum Index -> Tech Tips & Performance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: